P.O. Box 530549, Miami FL 33153-0549
Tel: +1 305 351 6815
Knowledge Building in Action - a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation
Supporting a Community of Practice for
teachers, principals, and technology
faculty/staff to connect educators with
their peers and partner classrooms
around the world. Who can join?
Knowledge Building in Action
A 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation
Tel: +1 305 351 6815
Support Our Work:
As a non-profit organization,all donations to Knowledge Building in Action
are tax-deductible. Donations, grants, contracts, matching employment
contributions, planned giving and Amazon Smile donations will enable us
to achieve our goals of transforming education to prepare K-12 students
for success in life. For more details about how to support KBIA, please
visit our Contact page. Thank you!
Join the Knowledge Building
in Action Community of Practice
for networking, mentoring and
Aligns with UNESCO and OECD frameworks
Effective in a wide range of learning environments to make connections
Partnering classrooms, after-school programs, international baccalaureate and schools serving the armed forces, alternative
schools and prisons, senior centers, enterprises with foreign subsidiaries, international projects and groups needing to be
connected on a regular basis.
The ALTE Global Learning Ecosystem incorporates learning tools supported by highly-researched education technology related to
knowledge-building pedagogy into a complete ecosystem for learning and teaching.
Other projects sponsored by Knowledge Building in Action include:
• The KBIA Community of Practice supports a culture of continuous learning for educators - teachers, principals, technology staff and
• The Knowledge Building International Project focuses activities around a common topic selected by participating teachers in partnered
classrooms for "phenomenon learning" as a paradigm shift in K-12 education.
• Smart Cities K-12 Initiative is the Global Learning for Global Citizenship project to empower students with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes
they need to become informed and engaged citizens of the world through inquiry and project-based learning.
• Global Education in European Schools Promoting Entrepreneurship is a transnational collaboration between universities, businesses
and enterprises, education ministries and schools to promote an entrepreneurial spirit in K-20 students.
• Learning Exchanges connects the world through education and exchanges to promote global competences.
Anywhere there is Internet
The ALT Learning Ecosystem bundles the Knowledge Forum electronic workspace and VIA videoconferencing for effective collaborative learning and formative assessment tools.
learning promotes 21st Century
skills and the 4Cs of future
education: critical thinking,
collaboration, communication and
Across the street or around the
world, KBIA linkages prepare
youth with the global life skills
for an interconnected society.